- A major seasonal shift takes place around the world [Northern Hemisphere gets Summer and the Southern gets Winter].
- Julius Ceasar gave a 30th day to June in 46BC.
- Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas and West Virginia all became states and Hawaii was oraganized as a territory.
- Sweden, Romania, Denmark, Argentina and the United States all celebrate a flag day, and
- 5 years ago I submitted my first manuscript [Come, Sweet Creature] to Whiskey Creek Press Torrid and it was accepted - woohoo!
Now, as I mentioned above, I'm in the mood to share the love of reading, specifically with ebooks and I'm going to do that by giving away a Pink Sony Digital Reader Pocket Edition and a three boxes stuffed full of goodies I brought back from RT Booklovers Convention on the 1st of July.
Okay, that was why the big huge reader contest is here and what some of the prizes are, now for the really important question: how to enter!
Every day of June on this blog [http://tillygreene.blogspot.com/], with the help of 28 authors, will be a blog about a book/ebook - call it an a month of Book and eBook Talk!. They may showcase a new release, new genre or it may be new to you author or an old favorite, and what you need to do to enter is leave a comment/query [authors will stop by when they can] and some way to contact you if you win. Whatever you want to say is good and at the end of each day I'll take a comment from each person and put it in a bowl. That means you can enter 30 times - great odds to win an ereader!
Besides the four prizes noted above, random authors throughout the month will have something special to giveaway on their book days, so keep an eye out for those days.
There you go, a big huge reader contest which will have us all talking and buying books to enjoy.
Good luck everyone and get ready, it all starts tomorrow [June 1st] morning!