On July 6th a favored author of mine passed away. Kathleen E. Woodiwiss was a master in the historical romance since her first book The Flame and the Flower back in 1972, an instant NYTimes Bestseller ["creating literary precedence"] and remains an all time favorite of mine. I was looking forward to her next book, Everlasting, noted as coming out October 2007, hopefully it still will.
There aren't many of these for me, less than 10, but yes, she was one of my automatic buys - hardcover, anthology, whatever, I was there on release day.
So, in her memory, here are the 13 books she wrote over an impressive 35 year career.
1. The Flame and the Flower - ebook available
2. The Wolf and the Dove - ebook available
3. Shanna - ebook available
4. Ashes in the Wind - ebook available
5. A Rose in Winter - ebook available
6. Come Love a Stranger - ebook available
7. Beyond the Kiss, Married at Midnight
8. Petals on the River - ebook available
9. The Elusive Flame - ebook available
10. So Worthy My Love - ebook available
11. Forever in Your Embrace - ebook available
12. A Season Beyond a Kiss - ebook available
13. The Reluctant Suitor - ebook available
It looks like HarperCollins are starting to give all these books new covers, but I'm not all that keen on them. They show a single woman in various outdoor scenery...and appear kind of blah.