With it being women's history month and Zandia coming out in paperback I have women on my mind. Here are 13 that I think about in no particular order.
1. Athena. Zeus had a headache and took an ax to it to relieve the pain and out came his daughter [Metis - knowledge or wisdom - was her mother]. She's the Goddess of Warfare and Wisdom [amongst other things] and I think the mixture is intriguing.
2. Mae West. She was sassy and smart, sexy and sweet, strong and successful.
3. Amelia Earhart. She showed there was nothing wrong with being adventurous.
4. Judy Blume. She is an author who ignores the nay-sayers and writes what kids want and need to read.
5. Audrey Hepburn. She is a person who suffered much through life and yet thought how she could use her success to help others.
6. Edith Head. She inspired me to be a designer and while I didn't go on with this she still is in my mind showing me new ways to push boundaries.
7. Helen Keller. She excelled despite it all.
8. Laura Ingalls Wilder. She wrote a series of books that I loved and took away from it that everything was possible.
9. Rosa Parks. She showed such incredible strength in the face of adversity and kept her dignity in a world of hatred.
10. My Grammy. She was a writer and painter who taught me to never stop learning. I loved that she was started doing aquatic aerobics in her late eighties.
11. My Mom. She installed in us confidence in being ourselves and reaching out for our dreams.
12. My sister. She's a mother of four and each one of her kids, 3 girls and 1 boy, and they are all incredible, can't wait to see what happens for them.
13. Sui Erom from Zandia. When faced with a future that didn't suit her, she left but eventually returns to help makes changes for all women.
What woman influenced you or you think about that gives you a good vibe?