Tuesday, October 28, 2008

eBook Talk!



My preferred format for reading is ebooks, except this has been tricky to do without my beloved pocket pc, especially when I have a pile that must be read. Because these books have to be read, I'm doing it on my laptop, and have found some authors where I'll be looking at their backlist for more.

The problem is, I like to read a book while soaking in a nice hot bubble bath and the laptop can't go into the tub. To make matters worse, I haven't been tempted by any new releases in the traditional format in ages.

So, what is this bookie doing? Simple. I walked up into the attic, went through my to be donated piles, and have been reading those. There's always something good to read lurking somewhere in the house, but I'm looking forward to whatever gadget Santa brings that will allow me to read eBooks in the tub!

I'm leaning towards the iPod Touch [as long as I can read pdf's] or Nokia N810. I have been tempted by others, like the iRex iLiad and the Readius, but seriously don't want a dedicated ebook reader.

No comments: