Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Book Talk shares where two different books have recently taken me, same place in different genres

I've recently read two different genre books and enjoyed them both for the same but different reasons.  During my break I read The Case of the Man Who Died Laughing by Tarquin Hall and when I was trying to get back into the swing of things, picked up Captive But Forbidden by Lynn Raye Harris.

Hall's book is part of an open ended series with Vish Puri, India's Most Private Investigator, solving mysteries with a taste of the real India and all it's heat, spicy food and extended families.  There are only two books out so far and I've enjoyed both, the third - The Case of the Deadly Butter Chicken - will be out next Tuesday and yes, I have a kindle version ordered and look forward to it surfacing on my reader.

The other book, Captive But Forbidden, is a Harlequin Presents book of which is my go to line of books that I purchase when I have little time to read, but really want to be entertained for a couple of hours.  I have never read any of Harris's books and so was eager to see how it went.  Well, I couldn't put it down and I know why - it was the hero!  He was fabulous!  Called himself a mutt with no home because he was and Indian/American born in England and raised in America.  The fresh path this book helped keep my previous trip between the pages to India alive, although in a very different way.

Isn't reading and all the places it takes us wonderful?!?

And for those who are wondering, yes, I'm still reading Catherine the Great by Robert K Massie - loving it!  What an incredible woman.

No comments: