Friday, October 04, 2013

Happy Friday Hint!

My hint is to carve time out of your busy weekend, an hour will do but more would be even better, and spend it doing what you want to do, not what you HAVE to do.

Sleep in, read, go out for lunch and eat it in a park, see a movie ... whatever, just do something for you and be happy doing it.

I have a couple of hours, at least, because the cutie is working his homebrew and then getting ready for another trip.  I plan to finish, hopefully, In Cold Blood.  Banned Books Week is done but the book I chose to read isn't.  It's been good, interesting, but devoid of emotion.  Capote took cold hard facts, molded them into a pseudo-conversational tone and then took a step back.

Despite the remote approach, I feel for the family and, yes, even the killers ... well, one of them at least.  I know how this book ends, but, like those who went to see the Titanic movie, I want to read to the end.

No comments: