Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thursday 13 - #21!



On Monday, October 22 the second book in my 'A Passion for Fashion and Bondage', Taming Marie Anotinette, was be released over at Phaze. I'm very excited for this one to come out so thought I'd give you all a couple of things I did to research this erotic romance.

1. The first book, The Leather Bride, was such a blast I was inspired to briefly outline three other stories. This January the cutie had a trip to Paris and I went along - all in the name of research :-)

2. Some time before we left, my mom sent me an article about the best hot chocolate around the world. Ummm, in case you didn't know, I'm totally addicted to a great cup of hot chocolate.

3. From the moment we arrived at Charles de Gaulle airport [6 hours late], my personal quest to hunt out the best hot chocolate in the city began.

4. We went to Dalloyau and our host treated us to a tasting of everything from the salt to sweets. Yes, I even tasted the things that lived in water - didn't want to be rude, but the hot chocolate was divine! Oh, and the macaroons, simply lovely!

5. I was there as a corporate wife, but I also planned on doing some first hand research, so became tour guide and took my compatriot around.

6. We took the train out to Versailles. I didn't remember there was a small theater for opera and ballet out there, but it's there and a real gem.

7. We shopped - I bought our host a couple of bottles of wine for he and his wife, the pop-up Blue 2 for his son, and chocolates for the Monthly Scorcher members.

8. During the shopping trek acorss Paris, we visited Laduree for a sweet and hot chocolate - yum!

9. One night we took a boat up and down the Seine and ate a delicious meal - including my first ever Kir Royal, and yes, I had the escargot.

10. Another night our host took us all out to eat at Ma Bourgogne in the Marais section and visited the restrooms.

11. When the cutie was finished working, we took some time for ourselves and spent them, amongst other things, revisiting Notre Dame and then walked to Ile Saint-Louis for a crepe and beer.

12. Going through the Louvre, Jardin des Tuileries and into Angelina - the shop noted in my mom's list as having the thickest hot chocolate you'll ever taste. Yes, it most certainly did.

13. We also attended an exhibition at the Grand Palais on Egypt's Sunken Treasures.

Are you curious how this all comes together? Well, you'll have to buy a copy of Taming Marie Anotinette to see how each of these plays a part in the story, as well as how the three of them get to a happy ever after end.

25 comments:

jenn said...

Sounds like you had a great time.
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Paris is lovely! Especially Versailles' beauty is truly amazing!

Happy TT!

Julia

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing trip!

Happy TT to you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time - all in the name of research, of course! ;-) And oh - I love a great cup of hot chocolate, too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds intriguing! What a fascinating cover!

Red Garnier said...

Sounds like an amazing Trip and congrats on your upcoming release!!

LA Day said...

Sounds like an awesome trip.

Tempest Knight said...

Congrats on the newest release! :)

Unknown said...

I love The Leather Bride title!

Ann Aguirre said...

What a dreamy trip. I hope I'll be walking along the avenues in Paris one day.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I had escargot once. It was ... anticlimactic. Bummer.

Your book, though... Oh, to be more caught up on what's here! I am trying to have a moratorium on new books until I'm more caught up, and you are NOT making it easy, Tilly!!! No fair!

Darla said...

Wow. The sacrifices you make for your readers' benefit... ;-)

Sam said...

The book sounds scrumptious - like the hot chocolate!!
I'm lucky to live near Paris, and yes, the hot chocolate is divine!

Moondancer said...

Sounds like fun.

http://moondancerdrake.livejournal.com

Lori said...

It sounds wonderful. Good luck on the new release. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

Cora Zane said...

Oh wow! Your trip sounds amazing! *daydreams* Congrats on your new release, too!

Donica Covey said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip! So glad you had such a wonderful time!

Huggles,
Donica

Elle Fredrix said...

Congrats on the release!

Amy Ruttan said...

Congrats on the newest release!

Anonymous said...

I love Paris and I love escargot!

Congratulations on your book release.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Happy Release Day! Your hot chocolate tour of Paris sounds like a dream made in my own private heaven.

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! Congrats on the new release. :D

Happy TT!

Rebecca said...

It sounds like it was a great trip, and I love anything chocolate!
Happy TT13 :P

Harris Channing said...

Congrats on the new release!!! Looks like a great and steamy story.

~Harris.

Sparky Duck said...

yep, sure it was just for research. Though 6 hours late sounds like a trip out of Philly airport, except its the same for a trip to france and a trip to South Carolina