Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thursday 13 - #22!



HA! We're in November already! My goodness, where has the time gone. So what do I "have" to do this month?

Okay, this didn't turn out the way I thought it would. I wrote down 13 things I had to do and when I finished it felt like I was writing and organizing my days away, and I was not happy. This month has so many things I'm looking forward to that I'm going to write those down instead.

1. Looking forward to finish editing and submitting short story 'Drive-in' for consideration. This is for a ebook/print book where all proceeds will go to support those affected by the Southern California wildfires.

2. Looking forward to finish working out the kinks in the Glamorgan Sausages [or peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate] recipe for 'Coming Together: In the Kitchen' and send it in.

3. Looking forward to shopping for the perfect book to send off to the newest member to the family living to the right of us. Clothes they grow out of, a book is forever. I'm thinking about 'Olivia' but am open minded about it all. No, of course she can't read, but it will be a story that she will grow up knowing, remembering, and taking with her throughout life.

4. Looking forward to the November 10th panel discussion and book signing in Pennsylvania. Not too sure what I'm going to say as an introduction yet, but I'll figure it out. The cutie saw one I did a few years ago and thought it was good, so I'm taking that feeling and running with it.

5. Looking forward to heading to the left of us for an extra long break with the cutie. I've been a couple times this year, but he hasn't had a chance. We'll be vegetating on the white couch, beach, Jean Paul's, sisters, you name we'll be relaxing.

6. Looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with the family.

7. Looking forward to celebrating our 14th Anniversary back where we were married.

8. Looking forward to choosing the birthday pressies for November. Our rule of thumb is that birthdays means books, except for a select few milestones. Have a niece turning 16 this month, her key chain has been ordered, and the cutie will collect before heading to the left of us. There are a few others that need to be chosen, ordered and shipped :-)

9. Looking forward to creating our Christmas lists [and the eldest nephews birthday book] for those to the right of us. Still don't know if we'll be over there for the holiday - we'll decide later. Either way, we'll have everything shipped to the southern group's house so even if we're there, we only have to remember to pack up the parents.

10. Looking forward to creating our Christmas lists [and various December/January birthdays] for those to the left of us - have it shipped to Mom's house. Gauranteed we'll get some sugar treat in return.

11. Looking forward to deciding with cutie whether we want to rent a car or not during our break. If we do, then we'll go up and see niece #2 [could do the train for total relaxation], family and friends to the south and my all time favorite museum that's been closed for years while they renovated it. If we don't, then we'll relax even more.

12. Looking forward to going for my bi-annual mamogram this morning - okay, not the early hour, but will still face the test with confidence. Later, the cutie and I will go out for pizza and deep-fried pickles with friends. Yes, that's right - pickle wedges deep-fried and dipped in ranch :-)

13. Looking forward to WRITING!

There, I feel much better about this list. How about you - are you a lister and feeling discouraged or satisfied by them?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot to look forward to, sounds like a great couple months coming up.

And writing, that's always a great one to look forward to. :)

Happy TT

~X

Anonymous said...

I am actually a lister but there are times when my list remains a list forever.

Great job on the list and I hope every bit of it will be one at your expected time.

Your books seem interesting but I don't think they are being sold over here :(

Happy Thursday!

Tempest Knight said...

Man, sounds like you're going to be very busy this month!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Definitely not a lister. Only when packing for a trip or something like that. Or Christmas lists! Really loved this reminder in your list: "we only have to remember to pack up the parents" LOL!
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Your list reminded me...to get an appt for a mammogram...thanks!

Keychain for 16 yr old? Cool idea!

Darla said...

Lists always make me feel overwhelmed. Though maybe that's because they're usually to-do lists rather than ones like this, of things to look forward to. You've got some nice things coming up!

Lori said...

It sounds like you have lots to look forward too:) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I think you and I might be the only people on the planet not doing NaNo. Thank goodness!!

Pennsylvania??? Where???? Better fess up, or I'll sic Trevor on you... with crabs. *g*

Happy TT, love!

She Became a Butterfly said...

are you doing nano this month? I am. that's what my tt is about. perhaps you can stop by and leave me some suggestions!

http://www.shebecameabutterfly.net/?p=217

Harris Channing said...

You do have a lot to look forward to. Well, except the mammogram but I admire your confidence!

Great list!

Sparky Duck said...

yea yea, what SHG said!

mmmm and I wanna hear about the sausages

Cora Zane said...

Deep fried pickles! Oh man, I've never heard of that... and I do love pickles.

impwork said...

Have a great November :-)

Anonymous said...

Lots to look forward to there! Enjoy the writing.

Anonymous said...

Whew, that's a lot to get done. I started writing my Christmas list yesterday, now to get shopping. :D