Thursday, November 01, 2007

A bit of random ridiculousness...

I recently attended a wedding. It was an evening function so was in a bit of a panic about what to wear. For three weeks, on two different coasts, I shopped for a "cocktail" dress, maybe one that would be my staple little black number.

Nothing was up to snuff so I bought a sweater while to the left of us to wear over a little purple number I had - thought the cleavage was inappropriate for a wedding. Problem is, it didn't work with the dress, although it looks lovely with jeans :-)

On the way to the hotel, we stopped at a mall for a pair of jeans - we were leaving the next day for a trip and I had none without any holes. Found 2 pair of jeans and a beautiful black dress in less than an hour.

Why? Why, when you have the time to look, you find nothing, and when you have no time, you find exactly what you were looking for within seconds?

2 comments:

Selena Illyria said...

Because fate likes to screw with us? lol.

Sam said...

I'm a terrible shopper.
I usually go to the Thrift when I want a dress for an 'occasion', and then I always find the perfect dress - three sizes too small or too large, lol.