Friday, April 01, 2011

Confession Time

I never watched The Sopranos series, although I heard it was good.  Now, whenever I see one being shown, I'll watch it - although they always seem to be the same ones, but still interesting.

Nope, that isn't the confesson.

I was watching one the other day and Tony Soprano is in a thoughtful mood, sitting around the poker table with a few of his boys, and they're talking about one of his dad's mistresses.  The woman had apparently also been a plaything for President Kennedy.  So he's thinking and the shot was of him, close up, smoking on a cigar.  It was a really good lighting, angle, everything - very artistically done.  After two or three puffs with the smoke rather dramatically circling him, Tony takes a drink of whisky, and then another puff.


Here's the confession.  I don't smoke, never have, but I have pulled a Tony - smoked a cigar and sipped on a whisky while chatting with friends.  Can't remember if it was someone graduating, getting their first job, married, a baby, or just because we all felt like it, whatever the reason, it was fun.

Anyway, watching that scene on tv reminded me, and I thought I'd share the secret.

No comments: