I'm a bookie, have been for years and figure I always will be. As such, there are piles of books waiting for me to read, to add into my database [I have a bad repuation for buying the same book over and over again, and always hope this will help - unfortunately it also allows the cutie to see a total number of books stashed throughout the house], to be stacked in the appropriate cases up in the attic for keeping or donating. Over the holidays and through the new year I judged two different contests [romance and young adult books] so haven't read much for myself. Now it's me time and I've started reading the ebook "Mi Lady's School for Girls" by Lady Midnight, but my TBR pile is still stacked high. Here are thirteen of the traditional books in my TBR pile...the ebook pile doesn't haunt me as much because I don't have to dust it.
1. Victorious Star by Morgan Hawke - read them each separately as ebooks and loved the series, but now want to read them together, straight through. If I remember correctly, they were intense.
2. Something Sinful by Suzanne Enoch - enjoy her historicals, a good fix.
3. Wolf at the Door by Christine Warren - her ebook series "Fixed" were fantastic, hope these have the same edge.
4. Kushiel's Scion by Jacqueline Carey - the first Kushiel trilogy was so fresh and full of lush details, I was compelled to step back into this world again.
5. Dark Celebrations by Christine Feehan - love the Carpathians.
6. Ricochet by Sandra Brown
7. Innocent in Death by JD Robb - Roarke and Eve are a favorite couple of mine. I usually devour these two when I first get them so it's odd to see this one waiting to be picked up...must be the mental place I'm in right now.
8. Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood
9. Taste of Innocence by Stephanie Laurens
10. For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison - I'm always laughing during these books.
11. Chosen Prey by Cheyenne McCray
12. Just for Kicks by Susan Andersen
13. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling - if you tell me there is going to be a finite number of books in a series, I'll wait until the last one has been officially submitted to an editor before starting with book 1.