Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday 13 - #9!



Hiya Everyone!

I'm back from the land of sand...kind of. Yesterday I took a nap so I could stay awake long enough to attend a friends American Idol party [don't watch it but my Mom does so knew a little something last night] and today is all about laundry, oh yeah. Since my mind isn't up to snuff, I thought I'd give you 13 things I did while I was gone.

1. Yes, sat on the beach and edited a few stories - but mainly sat there and enjoyed the zen state while wave watching.

2. Ate at Husky Boys 4 times - 2 for burgers and 2 for grilled cheese.

3. Went to Jean Pauls even though I don't drink coffee [sipped on chocolate milk and nibbled on lovely buttery croissants].

4. Read Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone [US it's something else, sorry I'm still tired and can't think] and have the next on my bedside table. Said I'd start the series when she announced the release date for the last and I am :-) It was good but the amount of [...] when not necessary are driving me nuts!

5. Shopped and ran errands with my sister - ahhh! These days are always a shock to the system.

6. Was really frustrated with the quality of mobile service between the cutie [in the Swedish Arctic Circle] and myself...but still had a good laugh when his hosts treated him to a play: Amadeus in Swedish [no, he doesn't speak the language], the texts coming out of there were priceless!

7. Saw more progress in Mom's cat toward socialization - although I still think Tashie is confused about whether she is a cat or a seal.

8. Feasted on Mom's poor man taco's [the recipe is now available in Lori Foster's 'The Write Ingredients']

9. Drove 8 hours with 7 other family members, and yes, I was given the hump seat [grrr!].

10. Attended my eldest nieces college graduation [sniffle sniffle] - she's off to law school in the fall, yup proud as a peacock auntie here.

11. Bought a dress without trying it on for the event and when I saw the picture taken at the ceremony I see why the cutie really liked it and made us late.

12. Went to a bar at 7am to watch the FA cup final [Man U was robbed!] and started the day with 3 Newkie Brown's then went with the entire family to eat breakfast at the Pork Shop [nice name].

13. After everyone else left, spent the day with the two oldest nieces - took them for fish & chips and then parked ourselves in the Lush Lounge for a nice send off. Bad Auntie, the second oldest niece isn't of age yet.

Sigh, so back for a bit and time for laundry.

23 comments:

Rhian said...

wahoo! you're back! so are you totally worn out from your vacation?

Angela/SciFiChick said...

It's always a little depressing coming back from vacation. Sounds like you need a little rest from your trip though!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. :)

Emma Petersen said...

I love wave watching. Especially at night. I haven't done it in a while but it's one of my favorite things to do.

Tempest Knight said...

Yay! Good to have you back! Wow... you sure had a great vacation. :)

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great vacation.

The writing in Harry Potter gets much better after the first one.

Happy Thursday

Anna J. Evans said...

I'm tired just reading that list, but sounds like fun was had :).

Welcome home!

Anna J. Evans

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

http://ravenhappyhour.com/ravenblog/

Anonymous said...

Darn, I so should have stowawayed in your suitcase, lol.

Michelle
http://michellepillow.com/authorblog/

Finlands finest said...

Wow! Sounds like a fantastic time! I'm looking forward to mine, though it will be a lot less busy than yours..just me a beach and some nice fruity drinks.

Unknown said...

Sounds like wonderful time. I haven't been to the beach since I moved to Virginia and I miss it ferociously!!!!! :)

Em said...

Welcome back!

Sounds like you had a good time!

Lori said...

Awwwwww, I love vacations...especially when sand and beaches are involved. Welcome back:)

Darla said...

It sounds wonderful, especially the beach! And the cutie. ;-)

Sparky Duck said...

Isnt ManU always robbed when they lose? The rest of the vacation sounds great, well except for the hump seat

Unknown said...

Welcome back from your vacation! I would love to head to the beach. In fact, I'll be doing just that at the end of June. I can't wait.

Lori said...

LMAO....you make me laugh. Thanks for the comment....I could seriously see us being friends:)

JAM said...

Sounds like a nice mixture of laziness and activities. Just what vacations are supposed to be like.

I was a middle child, I know the hump seat very well.

Julia said...

Welcome back to...reality world *grin*....sound like you had mix of fun but yet tired vacation. I hope you're able to rest up again :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Welcome home! I was missing you; I'd forgotten you'd left us.

I could use some zen-like wave watching right about now -- did you get enough to share?

Rest up and welcome home (again).

impwork said...

Sounds like you had a really good trip.

Red Garnier said...

Sounds like a dream vacation. =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a restorative trip - good for the soul and body! Thanks for stopping by and welcome back - XINE