Thursday, May 05, 2011

Fashion Addicts Rise Up!

The Metropolitan Museum of Art hosted the Costume Institute Gala on Tuesday and I personally can't wait to go into NYC to see the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibition [May 4th - July 31].  Meanwhile, there were some gorgeous gowns worn that will tide me over for a bit.

Now to the fashion of the night. I loved Iman, the woman looked like a gorgeous lion in a Stella McCartney sparkling gold jump suit, and her wild hair.  Christina Ricci is the only one who could carry off a gothic spiderweb like number by Zac Posen and look great doing it.  Jennifer Hudson has been fabulous in her body skimming gowns of late, but she wore a beautiful Vera Wang ball gown[ish] and looked wonderful.  Sofia Vergara in Carolina Herrara [one I liked for it's simplicity without being all that simple] looked the best I've seen her look.  Mia Wasikowska wore a Thakoon was my favorite [to the right], maybe because it reminded me of what I had the heroine wear in "Missing" - freaky weird - and maybe because I would choose this one in a heartbeat, along with the hair!

There weren't many who missed the mark, but I have to say, Daphne Guinness was my favorite wearing an Alexander McQueen creation.  The feathers are delightful and whimsical, and the train to die for - love this one!


Thank you Skinny vs Curvy for the Mega Gallery and StyleBistro!

No comments: