Monday, January 18, 2010

It's my favorite time of year!

Award Season!

No, not because I care who won what, but more along the lines of who wore what!  That's right, it's time to focus on fashion.  Here's a few things I came away with from watching last night's Red Carpet coverage and the Golden Globes broadcast.

First off, for me, there was no wow or wonderful dresses.  Yes, I thought some actresses had chosen well [as in they wore the dress, not the other way around]. 

Glenn Close, Carey MulliganTea Leoni [liked the casual dress shirt and formal skirt thing, I would wear that], and Marion Cotillard with the saucy lace peeking out from the slit, also looked great.  Now, while I liked the gown Colin Farrell's girlfriend (?) Alicja Bachleda wore, it looked like it was going to slip down with her next breath.  Ooops. 

In the end, the best all around for for me was Courtney Cox.  Simply elegant, not over accessorized, and suited her very well.  The belt and slight train were yummy.  By the way, the dress is from Victoria Beckham's Spring/Summer 2010 line.

Something else that drew my attention was color.  Often safe color choices are made and I totally get that, my safe color is black.  However, last night there was everything from soft pastels to rich jewel tones.  The more unique standouts were Sandra Bullock and Diane Kruger, ooo, also Diana Agron and Sofia Vergara with that grey dress and single burgandy twist - nice], but the one I thought was spectacular was the one Zoe Saldana chose.  While the dress was a bit too much, the color looked divine on her.

And finally, there was another thing I found interesting today while I looked at all the pics.  There's one of Kate Hudson [by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images] that reminds me of a book, Soulless by Gail Carriger.  I keep seeing and totally love that cover, to such an extent, I know nothing about [only because of lack of time] and still might buy it based on the cover alone. 

So, my conclusion of the Golden Globe attire: It was a safe night [maybe because it was hard to focus on anything other than how to help Haiti] where everyone looked fairly good, and came across only one I saw that caused me to shout, "NO!".  I won't share a picture because I'm not in to the trashing aspect of fashion, although this one was trully horrible.

Oh, and here's a little Gerard Butler eyecandy to end on a good note!

By the way, while I had an idea of who I liked from watching last night, I perused the galleries on both Skinny vs Curvy, Just Jared, and E! Online - thank you for posting them.

No comments: