Monday, June 11, 2007

Thursday 13 - #11!



30 years ago this summer Punk Rock ruled in the US and UK. Here are 13 things from this wild time.

1. Sex Pistols
2. The Clash - a timeless band!
3. Ramones
4. Buzzcocks
5. Vivienne Westwood's bondage pants - hmmm, I'm thinking these should show up in one of my stories - maybe somewhere in the 'A Fashion for Passion and Bondage' series!
6. The Mohawk
7. Piercings
8. "God Save the Queen"
9. Dr Marten Boots - have the shoes but no steel caps [the cutie does and if he forgets and wears them to the airport, the bells are ringing!]
10. Safety Pins
11. Tartan
12. British Flag - did you know there is a right side up to this flag? If it's upside down, you're in distress, but what if you don't know which way is up?
13. Anarchy


Not too long ago I listed my singles collection, filled with obscure punkers, but this one is in the album collection. Alvin is cool!

19 comments:

Tempest Knight said...

YEAH!!!! Punks ruled!!! You forgot leather with spikes collars and writsbands, and dyed hair. *plays "Anarchist" and "Be Sedated" in the background* Nowadays you see kids dressed like that, and man, they make a mockery of my generation.

Lori said...

ohhhhhhh, the good ole days...lol

Amelia June said...

I'm afraid this is before my time, LOL. I was a Madonna punk kind of girl ;)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

My fictional Mitchell wears Docs on occasion... I'm on my second pair, in fact. I love the way they look with shorts.

And yes to the Vivienne Westwood gear! I have a black, summer suit by her that's pretty tame.

Oh, to lose weight and be able to wear it again; I am inspired! Thanks, Tilly! (and it sure beats thinking about all the crap with #2 and school. Double thanks!)

Red Garnier said...

Yep. Those were the days... =)

Great TT, Tilly. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

#5 is most excellent!

Anonymous said...

You still keep up with the British music scene, don't you? Very cool. I feel old :(

Great list.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tilly! Great list!

Anonymous said...

Happy TT! Kewl list!

Unknown said...

I never had Docs but I wanted them so badly! My mom refused to buy them so I was stuck with plain old sneakers.

Sparky Duck said...

chicks look so much better in tartans. uhoh, me mind is a wandering into dark areas now.

but the Clash rules!

Crimson Wife said...

I was bored one time and watched a VH1 Behind the Music on the Go-Go's. As I'd only known them from their pop music "Beauty and the Beat" days, I was very suprised to learn of their punk music roots. Go figure!

Darla said...

30 years? Nooooo!!!! It can't be 30 years. I must have gone through a time warp or something.

impwork said...

I was a bit on the young side back then but I do remember seeing someone wearing a bin liner...

PJ said...

Slightly before my time, but it sounds like a fun time.

Jessica Morris said...

... I wasn't even born yet ... but I agree, sounds like a fun time!

Donica Covey said...

Hey Tilly! I wasn't really into the punk thing. The Clash and The Ramones I kinda liked. Nevr had the bondage pants. My boots were all either cowboy or bikr boots with the Harley emblem attached to them somewhere.

I didn't know there was a right side up to the British Flag! But then I never which end is up most of the time.

Thanks for visiting my TT!
Huggles,
Donica

kuanyin333 said...

I wasn't into the Punk scene either, but my daughter was, so I bought her some Docs! Happy TT!

Tink said...

I wasn't punk myself but I liked most things about it and the music!
Thanks for visiting my TT.