Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Met Costume Institute Gala Fashion Thoughts

Recently The Met Costume Institute held it's annual gala and despite it's foundation in the fashion world, the clothes were kind of blah.

Safe.

I liked the dark blue of Oprah Winfrey's Oscar de la Renta and Sienna Miller's Emilio Pucci gowns and found the idea of Halston Heritage interesting, always liked him, although was surprised Sarah Jessica Parker wore it - a little tame for her, wasn't it? but then again, she is on the design team.  Beige, nude, tan, whatever you want to call it, the color has been all over the place lately and I think Kate Hudson wore it best in a Stella McCartney gown.  Simple, yes, but it was an elegant simple.  She also didn't overdo on the accessories and shoes were great, although I thought leaned a bit on the clunky side for that dress.

Which was my favorite?

There was no instant adoration gown, but loved the plum color and overtime, I guess Thandie Newton in Vivienne Westwood was my favorite.  Again, she kept the accessories and makeup low key, and this helped the dress itself stand out.  The top is like folded paper, origami, and is truly wonderful.  Yes, this dress is my favorite of the night.

No comments: