Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Book Talk!

I mentioned last week I brought two books with me that I intend to read and leave with my family.  I finished Tarquin Hall's The Case of the Missing Servant and loved it.  The mystery was interesting and left me guessing until the very end.  Add into the mix how well Hall put me back in India with the food, smells, and tangible surroundings along with introducing me to how the legal system works - or doesn't - and I've already placed the second book, The Case of the Man Who Died Laughing, on my list for Christmas!

All was looking good and then I bought two books for me [actually for research purposes, really] when I went to the local independent to get one for my niece.  Are you seeing how I ended up with so many books and no place to put them all led me to donating over 3000 to our local library sale and me becoming mainly an ebook reader?  Anyway, my book purchasing issues were obviously on unstable ground but I was holding firm, and then it was shattered at the Norton Simon Museum.

I picked up the handbook and my sister bought three books sitting on my wish list and already had two others!  Oh man, she is so bad, and yet I envied her for being okay with her book problem and yes, she has one - I would know!  In fact, we'd already discussed how she should go about donating them, and we were going to find a suitable place this coming week.  Anyway, we're both interested in reading about the art world's thefts, hence my chosing to bring Provenance to leave with her to enjoy.

I wonder if she'll notice when I take a few of them back with me and return them later.

UPDATE:  Big sis called on Tuesday morning to inform me that she will pass over the books she'd read and that I don't need to sneak them away.  Love her, but I still want a pic of Lily dressed up as the devil!

No comments: