Monday, February 21, 2011

Naughty Thought for Monday

Mikhail Baryshnikov is one of the sexiest men to ever exist.  Even if you aren't a fan of ballet, to watch him dance shows a masterful athlete very intune with his body, and sharing what it's capable of doing in a beautiful way.

Gorgeous.

Now to the reason Misha has come to mind:  tights.

Not the same as he or any other dancer wears, but tights all the same.

I saw the picture below, unfortunately don't remember where, but I saved it.  As I used various terms to find the image so I could give the person credit for sparking my brain I unearthed a market I hadn't known existed. 

Men, apparently, need tights - sorry, pantyhose made specifically for men.  There's a fashion magazine for the male hosiery niche called e-MANcipate.net, but I'm afraid I stumbled upon the pantyhose for men section on the Underware Store first and that colored my image of the item in question.  The tights on the latter site I won't show, trust me, it's an image you won't ever be able to wipe out of your head.  I will, however, share this from the male tights page:

Smooth, elegant, silky, all qualities that women have enjoyed for years on their legs but men have been illogically left without.
Thank you to The Art Desk for the picture of Baryshnikov and whomever had the tights pic, um, thanks for letting me know someone actually wanted to wear these modern day torture devices.

Okay, fair enough, but I would have thought of all the things women do and wear, tights have to be one of the most uncomfortable and they've done nothing to improve the product.  Guys, come on, do something about these horrible things.

2 comments:

anny cook said...

Ohhhh, my.

Tilly Greene said...

Yup, very well put. Shockingly enough, when I first saw this, there were no words to express my reaction and this set of tights was actually a rather "clean" set.

Honestly, Anny, if men are going to wear tights, they should do something to make them more comfortable and making space for their prick should be the least of their worries!