Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fabulous Dressing Part IV

Right now is fashion week in NYC and because of the economy, some designers have opted out of doing runway shows. However, there is one who is working on a high note and that would be Jason Wu.

The formal white gown Michelle Obama wore to all the inagural balls was by Wu. The pink dress she wore on the cover of this months Vogue was by Wu - from her own closet.

In my opinion, based on what I've seen from past shows and the current one for Fall 2009, he's good. His style is accessible and in some cases, I could see myself in a couple of pieces.

2 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

My hairdresser told me that the salon owner was tapped to do hair at Fashion Week this year. For a young guy... shoot. His last name starts with a P...

But still. What an honor, huh?

Tilly Greene said...

WOW! That's a huge honor! Speaking of - congrats getting The Demo Tapes OUT!

http://www.amazon.com/Shapeshifter-Demo-Tapes-Year/dp/0557023440