Friday, March 26, 2010

Movie Night Idea

An old flick has been on my mind lately and thought I'd pass it on as a recommendation for your Friday Movie Night.  So, get the popcorn ready, and pop in:

Legend, with Tim Curry as the Lord of Darkness, Tom Cruise as the hero, and Mia Sara as the heroine.  It was directed by Ridley Scott and nominated for an Oscar - Best Makeup.  I never knew that!

It's funny fun.  Maybe even a bit campy, but still, I always remember this flick when I think of Tim Curry.

How often to I do that?

Often!

He's the voice of the Lemony Snicket series called "Series of Unfortunate Events", and is fabulous!  Beyond fabulous and I say that because the author, who is a little odd, took over the audio for books 3-5 and they weren't half as good as Curry's.

There's also the fact he was in the flick that scared me crapless and still does.  Tim Curry was Pennywise in It, the film adaptation of Stephen King's book by the same name.  Scary stuff!

Oddly enough, Curry is also in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and plays Dr. Frank N. Furter - "sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania" ("Sweet Transvestite").  As a kid, I snuck out one night to catch it, and Barbarella was playing before it.

Oooo, I was such a rebel!  Sneaking out of the house and into the theater, such a bad girl, but it was a blast!

Anyway, seek out Legend, and enjoy Tim Curry as the Lord of Darkness!

No comments: