Friday, June 10, 2011

My #1 Favorite Thing is...

Chocolate!

Hot chocolate in particular and I hunt it down wherever I may be.

In 2007 I was reading a Travel and Leisure and found on page 188 with Best Hot Chocolate: Warm up to winter by indulging in a steaming cup of hot cocoa by Charlotte Druckman [find her on Twitter as @cettedrucks] and notes where she thinks the reader will find the richest flavors around the globe.  I pulled the page out of the magazine and it's been with me ever since, but I've never [I don't think at least] shared where the four noted are located, so here you go:

Angelina
226 Rue de Rivoli, First Arr., Paris, France
They are soon going to be selling goods from their website - oh yummy!

Cacao Sampaka
292 Consell de Cent, Barcelona, Spain
Hmmm, cocoa as a serious commodity.

Vida e Caffe
34 Kloof St., Cape Town, South Africa
Interesting, this website bugged me enough to push it to the bottom of my want to try list.

Trachtenvogl Cafe-Lounge
47 Reichenbachstrasse, Munich, Germany
Intriguing, but be forewarned, website has street noises, but there is an off button.

I've been to Angelina's before, talked about it recently, and it is fabulous, a great experience.  Maybe this is the year I get to visit another on this list of goodness.

No comments: