Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Fabulously Fascinating Leap Day Note

Have you ever heard of Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenberdorft Sr.?

The gentleman was born in Germany and later emigrated to the US, Philadelphia in specific, where is set up as a typesetter.  His full name, a Christian name starting with each letter of the alphabet happens to make his name the longest at 746 letters used by a single person.  The shortened version he went by was Hubert Blaine Wolfe­schlegel­stein­hausen­berger­dorff, Sr. (or Wolfe+585, Senior).

While all that is interseting, what actually brought him to my attention was his birthday - February 29 1904.  He was a leap day baby with a wonderfully long name that, when at its shortest, is even cooler!  Wolfe+585, Senior!

I wish I could find a photo of him and I'd post it...love this fabulously fascinating leap day fact, but because it's Hump Day, I thought I'd post Antonio Sabato, Jr. who was born on February 29 1972 and is a sexy 10 years old.

No comments: