Sunday, June 20, 2010

Big Huge Reader Contest - Day 20!


One Night in Napa by Allie Boniface
Buy Paperback from Samhain Publishing
Contemporary Romance

Journalist Grant Walker has one chance to salvage his job and his relationship with his domineering father. Terrorists have kidnapped a fading film star’s son, and Grant has scored the first interview with the grieving mother. Even better, a new twist has just arrived on the scene—an illegitimate granddaughter who hasn’t been heard from in seven long years.

It’s the story of a lifetime, and all Grant has to do is deliver.

After discovering a terrible secret about her birth, Kira March left home vowing never to return. With her father kidnapped and her grandmother cracking under media pressure, it’s up to her to find and destroy all evidence of that secret. Trouble is, a reporter has weaseled his way into the house looking for answers—and he isn’t leaving until he gets them.

Yet as the hours pass, Kira finds herself falling for the very man who could destroy her. And when Grant comforts her in the wake of a midnight tragedy, he remembers why it’s a bad idea to get emotionally involved with an interview subject. Especially when the family name is on the line.

Buy Paperback from Samhain Publishing

Allie Boniface Website


REMEMBER
Commenting and/or asking questions on an author’s blog for the day will enter you into the Big Huge Reader Contest for a Pink Sony eReader or one of three boxes packed full of RT Booklovers Convention goodies. Unfortunately, due to the grand prize being an electronic and weight of the other three boxes, this contest is for US residents only.

34 comments:

booklover0226 said...

OH, this sounds great. There is mystery, suspense, romance.. a nice combination.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Allie Boniface said...

Happy Father's Day everyone! And thanks for stopping by :) I love this story in part, cause, well, it's about father relationships...perfect for today!!

Kristabel Reed said...

I really enjoy emotional roller coaster rides that take place in a few hours. I have no idea why, but something about them-the pace, the intensity, what have you-is fantastic. Thanks for the share, Allie!

P.S. I LOVED Lost in Paradise!!! And for those who haven't read it, you absolutely must.

Tilly Greene said...

The "One Night..." series is fantastic and this one is in one of my favorite places - Northern California wine country!

Thank you for coming today Allie and I'll see you at the signing in July :-)

Judy said...

This sounds like a very good read!!
Sounds like it will keep you thinking and wondering along with the romance:) I really like the cover also, with all the different components on one cover !!

Stephanie said...

Wow, that seems like a lot going on! All that plus an unexpected romance to boot! And I agree with Judy, the cover is compelling to look at. Thanks for sharing with us today.

The Scarf Princess said...

Perfect story for Father's Day. It sounds super suspenseful and I'm dying to kmow if he gets his son back.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Sherry said...

This sounds like a very good book I love reading a good romantic suspense book.

sstrode@scrtc.com

clynsg said...

Haven't seen any of these before, but this synopsis certainly piques my interest.

cgclynsg0 @ gmail dot com

JeanMP said...

Sounds like an emotionally charged book. Perfect story for Father's Day.

Anonymous said...

W00T! Congratulations and happy Father's Day all!

yoville1900@yahoo.com

Cathy M said...

Hi Allie, I really enjoyed One Night in Boston, and look forward to more in this series.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I love the Napa valley area and visit often.
I read good reviews for this one so have it on my TBR list for the summer.
JOYE
JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

Lovie said...

Read and enjoyed SUMMER'S SONG, and I looking forward to reading ONE NIGHT IN NAPA, and ONE NIGHT IN BOSTON. both have been added to my TBR list.

Jane said...

I loved "One Night in Boston" and "One Night in Napa" sounds wonderful.

janie1215 AT excite DOT com

Gabby said...

I've heard of this before but I haven't read it yet. It sounds kind of intriguing even though I don't normally read novels with suspense in it. I'd definitely give this one a shot!

Kate Thornton said...

Oh, what a treat! The other "One Night" books were a delight!

And Allie - great to see you her. I'll bookmark this blog!
Kate

Stacey Smith said...

ah a mysery and suspense.i like bring it on.

sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

*yadkny* said...

Hi Allie,
I like the storyline you have created here. It's a good mystery and the synopsis has left me wanting to find out more.

Happy Father's Day Everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sexy, allie. Luv it :D Luv to win this great prize too. Many thx.

swiener1[at]tampabay.rr.com

Pamk said...

sounds like an emotional read.

Armenia said...

I've had this story in my TBR list for the longest time. It sounds so good.

armiefox at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Have this one and truly enjoyed it. Looking forward to enjoying more of your work.

Pam S
pams00@aol.com

Fedora said...

Hi, Allie! This sounds like a terrific story--glad to add it to my TBB!

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great read. Romance, suspense, emotional....lovely!!!!

Valerie
in Germany
valb0302@yahoo.com

Suzette said...

Suspense, romance, So there!

latinlady6929@yahoo.com
Suzette F.

Maria Zannini said...

Allie, thanks for introducing me to a new blog. I've put it on my reader.

Glad to see One Night In Napa in print now.

Deb830 said...

Is there any wine involved?

This sounds like an emotional roller coaster that I definitely need to ride. I look forward to reading and find about the secrets.

deb ;0)

Rosie said...

Thanks for the contest. You are a new to me author!!

susan said...

awesome. Love the cover. susan L.

orelukjp0 said...

This book sounds great. Can't wait to check out the others in the series.

mrsshukra said...

Haven't read a good contemporary in a while, thanks for bringing this to my attention!

delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

Nicole Zoltack said...

Sounds like a great read!

~Nicole
Nicole.Zoltack AT gmail.com

starryann2000 said...

good excerpt sounds like will be a good book to read. when did you first know you wanted to be a writer and why.what is your favorite thing about being an author