Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Big Huge Reader Contest - Day 9!


Good Cop, Bad Girl by Paige Tyler
Buy eBook from Ellora's Cave
Erotika

Gotta love a guy who comes with his own handcuffs!

When a hunky cop shows up at Julie Hanson’s apartment to tell her the police received a complaint about the noise from her birthday party, she assumes he’s a male stripper her girlfriends hired. Upon discovering the gorgeous Kirk Chandler really is a police officer, she’s completely mortified, especially since she teased him about giving her a birthday spanking.

Kirk appears at her door for a second time later that night, bearing gifts and asking if she got her birthday spanking. Julie not only gets her bottom nicely warmed, but is treated to a night of pleasure that qualifies as the best birthday present any girl could ask for.

Excerpt

Laughing, Julie yanked open the door and found herself face to face with the most gorgeous guy she’d ever seen. Tall, with short-cropped brown hair and a perfectly chiseled jaw, he had a wide, sensuous mouth and soulful dark eyes. More gold than brown, they were the kind of eyes a girl could end up getting lost in.

She forced her gaze to move lower, taking in his broad shoulders and muscular biceps before coming to rest on the shiny badge on the front of his dark blue uniform. Directly across from it was a nametag that read Chandler. This hot hunk was a cop?

Abruptly realizing she was just standing there staring at him, she reached up to tuck her long, ash blonde hair behind an ear. "Can I help you, Officer?"

He glanced at the other girls still sitting in the living room before those incredible eyes settled on her again. "Is this your apartment, ma’am?"

She stifled a groan. Even his voice was sexy as sin. "Yes."

"We got a complaint about the noise you and your friends were making."

Julie automatically opened her mouth to apologize, only to close it again as the obvious suddenly struck her. God, she was slow sometimes. This mouthwatering specimen of a man wasn’t a real cop; he must be a male stripper her friends had hired for her birthday. And if he looked even half as good naked as he did in that uniform, then she was in for a real show. Her friends were the best!

She glanced at the other girls over her shoulder and gave them a wink before turning back to him. Her lips curved into a sexy smile. "And you’re here to arrest me, right?" she teased. "Or maybe you’d rather give me a birthday spanking instead?"

He lifted a brow, clearly caught off guard by the suggestion.

Julie was a little surprised by it herself. So much for not being able to ask a guy she’d just met for a spanking. She wasn’t usually quite so bold. Then again, she was already on her second margarita. Not that she was tipsy or anything. She was just feeling a little naughty. And if she couldn’t be naughty on her birthday, when could she be naughty?

When he didn’t answer, she gave him a pout. "No? And one of my friends just gave me the cutest heart-shaped paddle, too." She shrugged. "Maybe later then. I’d much rather see you strip anyway."

His brows drew together. "Strip?"

Damn, he was really good at staying in character. She nodded. "Yeah, you know, take off your clothes. Though I wouldn’t do it out in the hallway if I were you. Not unless you want my neighbors to really call the cops."

When he didn’t move, she reached out and grabbed the front of his belt to give it a tug. He didn’t resist, but let her pull him into the entryway. As much as she would have liked to keep her hand right where it was, maybe even move it a little lower, she forced herself to release him. She should probably let him start dancing before she got too familiar. She waited, expecting him to make suggestive little moves with his hips and unbutton his shirt, but he only continued to regard her with that same authoritative expression on his face. Sheesh, this guy was seriously into his role.

Julie took a step closer to him. He was taller than she was by almost a foot and she had to tilt her chin to look up at him. Up close like this, she could see light flecks of green in his golden eyes.

"You’re really good, you know that? If I didn’t know better, I’d think you were a real cop." She circled him slowly, running her hand up his arm and over his shoulder, then across his back. "The uniform looks real, that’s for sure." She let her fingers trail over his opposite shoulder and down his other arm, her gaze going to the gun in the holster at his hip as she walked around to stand in front of him again. "So does the gun. And the handcuffs." She ran a finger over the badge on his chest. "And that badge is the best I’ve ever seen."

As she studied the radio clipped to his left shoulder, she realized it looked real, too. She didn’t know male strippers wore such authentic getups. She was about to say as much to him when the radio suddenly hissed.

"All units in the vicinity of Bayview, we have a 2-11 in progress…"

She frowned. Bayview was a neighborhood in the southern part of the city, across town from where she lived in the Lower Pacific Heights section of San Francisco. Oh…crap. This guy wasn’t a stripper. He was a real cop! She jerked her head up to look at him, her eyes wide.

A slow smile curved his mouth as he folded his arms across his broad chest. "That’s right, ma’am. The uniform is real. The gun is real. The handcuffs are real. The badge is real. And you," he added meaningfully, "are in real trouble."

How Good Cop, Bad Girl came about...

When people ask me where I get ideas for my books, I tell them anywhere and everywhere, which is true. Sometimes, I'll read an article in a newspaper or magazine and it will give me an idea. Other times, someone will say something that will make me think, hey that'd be a great idea for a book. That's how I came up with the story for GOOD COP, BAD GIRL. One of the women who works in my hubby's office is a huge fan of the television show "Cops" and she was telling him about an episode in which a cop pulled over a pair of girls for speeding and they thought the whole thing was a prank because the guy was just way too good looking to be a cop.

When my hubby told me about it, I immediately had one of those hey-that'd-be-a-great-idea-for-a-book moments! Having the hero pull the heroine over for a traffic stop wasn't going to work in the book, though, so I decided to have him show up at her apartment because the party she's having for her birthday is getting a little too loud and disturbing the neighbors. And instead of thinking it's some kind of prank, she assumes the hot cop is a male stripper her friends hired for her birthday. Hmm, a hot guy in uniform that comes with his own handcuffs. You probably think you know exactly where this is going, don't you?

While I won't tell you exactly what happens between the hero and heroine, I will share a sexy excerpt with you! Hope you enjoy it! And if you decide to pick up GOOD COP, BAD GIRL let me know how you like it!
 
Watch the Good Cop, Bad Girl Trailer!

Buy eBook from Ellora's Cave

Paige Tyler's WebsiteBlog


REMEMBER
Commenting and/or asking questions on an author’s blog for the day will enter you into the Big Huge Reader Contest for a Pink Sony eReader or one of three boxes packed full of RT Booklovers Convention goodies. Unfortunately, due to the grand prize being an electronic and weight of the other three boxes, this contest is for US residents only.

53 comments:

Tilly Greene said...

Fantastic, fun hump day bondage! Thank you, Paige :-)

Tilly

Kristabel Reed said...

Didn't even bother NOT to read today. Knew I'd have to suck it up and accept the fact that once I found this blog, I'd be reading each and every post. And adding each and every book to my list.

That list is getting a tad loooonnnngggg.

I love the mixup here! Sexy teaser, too. :) I love taking a comment from a conversation or headline (truth is so much stranger than fiction) or article and weaving it into a story.

Deb830 said...

I love the excerpt Paige. Very funny and this will definitely go on my TBR pile. Can't wait to find out if he spanks her later with the heart shaped paddle.

Have a happy hump day everyone!

deb ;0)

Carol L. said...

remember that episode on Cops. lol lol They had quite a few doozies like that.I have read excerpts about this book before and liked it.It's on my summer TRL.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Fun post. It sounds like a saucy read...hehe!!!

Love the premise and thanks for the mouth-watering excerpt!!!

Valerie
in Germany
valb0302@yahoo.com

Stephanie Suesan Smith, Ph.D. said...

I always wondered why stores sell cop outfits to civilians. Just doesn't seem like a good idea.

stephaniesuesansmith@gmail.com
http://blog.stephaniesuesansmith.com

Pamk said...

If I was one of her girl friends she'd have really thought something was up cause I'd have been rolling the floor laughing my butt off.

Lovie said...

Sounds like a good story line. And I love the "Tasty Tuesday" on her blog.

JeanMP said...

That was a fabulous excerpt, very funny and I can't wait to read more. Adding this one to my pile

skpetal(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anne said...

I love this excerpt and the story idea. Going to add this to my wish list.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Paige :)
Thanks for sharing how you got the idea for this story... I always enjoy knowing how an author came up with an idea *bg*
This one looks like another hot read :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading the excerpt. Another one to add to my TBR list.
JOYE
JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

*yadkny* said...

Hi Paige,
Interesting twist to the original and very HOT cover.

yadkny@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Stories that are able to be humorous and sexy are always great to read and I'm looking forward to reading this one.

lenikaye@yahoo.com

Jennifer Mathis said...

oh it's going on my list

meandi09@yahoo.com

Cathy M said...

I am so far behind on my EC tbb list, and can't wait to start Paige's latest release.



caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Judy said...

This looks like a great story, loved the excerpt!! I definitely want to know where all this is going to end up!!

magnolias_1@msn.com

SiNn said...

I agree Judy i want to read this and find out where it goes sounds awesome loved the excerpt


mortalsinn@yahoo.com

Armenia said...

Oh, girl, you had me at handcuffs!!*chuckle* But I want the padded version.

Very nice excerpt, indeed.

armiefox at yahoo dot com

CrystalGB said...

Loved the excerpt. Sounds great. :)
Crystal816[at]hotmail[dot}com

booklover0226 said...

I enjoyed the excerpt (and I want more!) I can't wait to read this.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

jeanette8042 said...

I love this story, it sounds hilarious and a hot read!

lilazncutie1215 @ yahoo.com

Jane said...

Love the blurb and can't wait to read "Good Cop, Bad Girl."

janie1215 AT excite DOT com

The Scarf Princess said...

I love cop stories and adding in handcuffs makes things even more fun.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

LORETTA CANTON said...

You are finding some good books, keeps it up.

lorettaC
lbcanton@verizon.net

kaisquared said...

Loved the excerpt and the cover, too funny where the premise came from! Is there a similar real-life inspiration for the heart shaped paddle?

Rosie said...

Wow, this book sounds smokin' hot!! Definitely will be getting this one! Thanks!

Stacey Smith said...

Birthday spanken thats cute.Looks like a fun read.


sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

Stacey Smith said...

Birthday spanken thats cute.Looks like a fun read.


sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love all of Paige Tylers books. So much spanking good fun!!
deslauree3 at aol dot com

Nancy G said...

Sounds like an interesting concept, adding this to Mt. TBB.

joshgranny@msn.com

Sherry said...

I love this excerpt and every time I read it I laugh. I can just see that happening and as long as it wasn't me I would find it very funny.

sstrode@scrtc.com

s7anna said...

This sounds like such a yummy read!

*hugs*
Anna
Cdn. resident

Suzette said...

We should all buy one each and then switch off so we dont go broke.......love the cover! Spicy!

Suzette F
latinlady6929@yahoo.com

mrsshukra said...

Normally don't pay attention to covers but Paige's cover got my attention!

delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lanae T. said...

Great story idea! I bet it was a lot of fun to write! Did you smile the whole way through writing it?

I am putting this one on my to-read list right now!

Thank you!

ftatman5 at yahoo.com

Paige Tyler said...

Tilly - LOL! You're welcome! Thanks you for the promo!

Kristabel - I'm glad you stopped by to check out my book! I really liked the whole mix-up thing, too! It makes for a fun h/h and some very fun interaction! If your decide to pick it up, let me know how you like it!

Deb - Yay! I'm so flattered you're picking it up! Let me know how you like it!

Carol - LOL! It's too funny, isn't it! I'm thrilled you decided to get the book! Let me know how you like it!

Valerie - You're welcome! And I promise it's definitely saucy! LOL!

Stephenie - I agree that it probably isn't a very good idea.

Pam - LOL! I know! I don't know how they contained themselves!

Lovie - Thanks so much! And thanks for visiting my blog, too!

Jean - Yay! I'm psyched you want to read it! Let me know how you like it!

Anne - Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think!

Ali - You're so welcome! I thought it'd be fun to share! If you decide to pick it up, let me know how you like it!

Joye - Thanks! Let me know how you like it!

Yadkny - Thanks! I love the cover, too!

Leni - I totally agree! I always like to put some humor in my books!

Jennifer - Yay! Thanks!

Cathy M - LOL! I'm flattered to be added! Let me know how you like it!

Judy - Thanks so much! Let me know how you like it!

Sinn - Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think!

Armenia - LOL! Like I say, you gotta love a guy who comes with his own handcuffs! Glad you like it!

Crystal - Thanks so much! Let me know how you like it!

Tracey - Yay! Let me know how you like it!

Jeannette - I promise it's very hot! Let me know how you like it!

Jane - Yay! Thanks!

Joder - I totally love cop heroes, too! And you're right! Handcuffs amke a fun story even sexier! LOL! Let me know how you like it!

Loretta - Thanks!

Kai - There totally is! Heart-shaped paddles are very romantic! If your decide to pick it up, let me know how you like it!

Rosie - I'm so flattered! Let me know how you like it!

Stacey - I agree! Birthday spanking are totally cute, not to mention fun!

Desi - I'm so totally flattered! If you decide to pick this one up, too, let me know how you like it!

Nancy - Thanks!

Sherry - LOL! Thanks!

Anna - Thanks!

Suzette - Thanks!

Delilah - LOL! It is a great cover, isn't it?!

Lanae - Thanks so much! I think it's a really fun idea, too! And yes, I totally had fun writing it! Definitely let me know how you like it!

*hugs*
Paige

Paige Purnell said...

I read this and I LOVED it!! I like your name too ;)

Paige Tyler said...

Paige - Yay! I'm totally and completely flattered and thrilled both that you picked it up and loved it! Thanks so much! Like your name, too! LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

Stephanie said...

I love those moments where you come across those odd little ideas!! A joke or a stray statement that just comes from someone are the best.
You're story looks terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Booksrforever123 said...

Sorry I missed the contest offered here, but I have this one on my to buy soon list. Sounds great.

Paige Tyler said...

Stephanie - Thanks so much! I always think it's very cool, too. That's where I get a lot of my ideas.

Books - Thanks so much! I'm flattered! let me know how you like it!

*hugs*
Paige

Paige Tyler said...

Tina - I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And I'm so flattered by the compliment! In my mind, every h/h are falling in love in every one of my books every time they have sex, even if they don't know it yet. So, even in my Exotica books, the h/h are falling in love!

*hugs*
Paige

Andrea I said...

I loved the excerpt. This one has been added to my TBB list.

ainfinger@comcast.net

Paige Tyler said...

Andrea - Thanks so much! I'm so flattered! Let me know how you like it!

*hugs*
Paige

Fedora said...

Paige, I've heard such good things about this story--definitely adding it to the TBB!

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Paige Tyler said...

Flchen - Yay! I'm so glad! And flattered! Let me know how you like it!

*hugs*
Paige

Anonymous said...

Ohh I absolutely love your writing, have this in my tbr to get to soon.

Pam S
pams00@aol.com

Paige Tyler said...

Pam - Thank you so much! I'm so flattered! Hope you enjoy Good Cop, Bad Girl! Let me know how you like it!

*hugs*
Paige

BecK said...

I really want to read this book. But first I have to buy it. LOL

Paige Tyler said...

Beck - LOL! Glad you want to read it! Let me know how you like it!

*hugs*
Paige

Nicole Zoltack said...

Sounds like a great read.

~Nicole
Nicole.Zoltack AT gmail.com

Paige Tyler said...

Nicole - Thanks!

*hugs*
Paige